Wednesday, May 05, 2010

The Munic Agreement revisited

I blogged earlier in "Remember the Munich Agreement?"(October 06, 2009). that we should bear in mind this shameful agreement when we look at the international situation concerning Russia and Gerogia. Today I read an article written by Yulia Latynina (journalist Ekho Moskvy ) who makes a point in the similar direction. The artcile is strongly critical to Heidi Tagliavinis /EU's report on the Georgian war, which in principle blames the one who declares war as defence the guilty part, allthough this party only defend itself against growing agression and provocations from a more persistant agressor.
"Tagliavini has created nothing short of a revolution in global politics by introducing a new definition of war. It now turns out that wars are started by those who respond to the actions of aggressors. So, when the Red Army dropped bombs on Helsinki, that wasn’t war. But when Finland responded, it qualified as war".
"Tagliavini, French President Nicolas Sarkozy and German Chancellor-cum-Gazprom PR agent Gerhard Schröder did not build Europe. It was built by their fathers and grandfathers following the end of World War II. At that time, Western Europe was an alternative to the Soviet Union — an alternative to slavery and tyranny. Post-World War II Europe symbolized the importance of never again signing a Munich Agreement with a dictator".
I very much support Latynina's analysis. This is the way the Russian agression against Georgia should be viewd, and not be forgotten and implemented as some sort of new praxis, and excuse for Europe to do business as usual.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Andrew said...

However the report stated categorically that:

1. Russian mass conferral of citizenship on citizens of Georgia was illegal

2. Russian military actions were illegal and excessive

3. All Russian attempts to justify their military actions were illegal and had no basis in international law

4. Russia is still in breach of the ceasefire that it signed, it controls large areas that were under Georgian government control, such as Khodori, and Akhalgori, and is also directly responsible for the horrific ethnic cleansing carried out against Georgian civilians in the provinces.

The report, it is extremely damning of Russia.

III. No justification of the use of force as self-defence

3. Necessity and proportionality

In order to be deemed a lawful act of self-defence, the Russian military reaction to the attack of its military base had to be necessary and proportionate.154 Whether a military reaction is necessary and proportionate in the sense of Art. 51 of the UN Charter depends on the facts of the particular case.

d) Conclusions: Lack of necessity and proportionality

Friday, May 07, 2010 1:21:00 am  
Anonymous Sacha said...

Propaganda rhetoric of Saakashvili's opponents has been greatly enhanced against this background in Georgia. Apparently, the purpose of propaganda stuffing into the media is to attempt to split the circle of president Saakashvili.

Thus, Shalva Khachapuridze, the leader of the opposition party For Victory, founded in February this year by supporters of the late businessman Badri Patarkatsishvili, announced that a plan the overthrow President Mikhail Saakashvili is being prepared inside the Georgian leadership.

According to him, the process will start after the elections of local authorities on May 30, and not later than 1 January 2011, the president will announce his resignation.

"Inside the Georgian authorities, a draft is being prepared to replace the Saakashvili's government. These forces will very quickly remove Saakashvili and force him to resign. Some authorities consider other options, such as the arrest of Saakashvili and sending him to the Hague tribunal ... I also know the other part of the political plan, which envisages to remove Saakashvili from power and negotiations with an opposition party", the "conspirator" Khachapuridze said.

When asked which group is planning to remove Saakashvili, he replied: "It is Vano Merabishvili, the Interior Minister of Georgia and his team. Members of this group realize it is dangerous for them to stay with Saakashvili, and they think about their own salvation", Khachapuridze said to journalists from the Georgians.ru Web site, which created and funded by Moscow within the framework of program to overthrow the Georgian President Saakashvili.

http://www.georgiatimes.info/en/articles/36001-1.html

Friday, May 28, 2010 2:22:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Unfortunately, human thinking is not progressing.Just on the contrary and everything is being done to prevent this development.And as I see, there is no sign of wish to change the situation. Freezing conflicts is passing headache to someone else and washing hands. Remember the one who did it? Since him there is no change in judging, isn't it?

Monday, September 27, 2010 12:41:00 pm  
Blogger Larysa Bohdana said...



Greetings to everyone on this blog forum, I want to tell you all about a financial breakthrough that Mr, lee offered me to get through when I was starving with my business and family during the covid19 pandemic. I came across Mr lee on blog spot by someone recommends him to anyone looking for loan I was so excited and I got motivated too to be in that position of financial freedom as my family was starving, I contacted Mr lee on what's app which I told him my life story about financial situation he sends me an application form to fill with my details which I did then after he sends me loan agreement then I forwarded it to my lawyer to take a look and advise me on how to go about it then after I signed the loan agreement after that my loan was approved few hours back bank contact me for funds transfer and charges that I need to clear at the bank counter I cleared the charges which I received my loan the next day that I cleared the bank charges so it's was really nice working with Mr lee and I thank him a lot of the help that he gave me which really help my family from starvation. Contact Mr Lee on Email: 247officedept@gmail.com or talk to him on whatsapp + 19893943740. For quick response because he's always busy but they have some other professional team co-worker working with him as well but I recommend Mr Lee to anyone looking for financial help.

Sunday, June 27, 2021 11:54:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home